Job Title: Research Associate – Molecular Biology
This is a research and development position within a small dynamic team in an early-stage molecular diagnostics company. The successful candidate will be involved in designing and implementing gene expression and other molecular analysis experiments. This is a laboratory-based position that involves handling of human specimens, extraction of nucleic acids including RNA, performing quantification and quality measurement techniques, PCR processing and using advanced RNA sequencing techniques. The Company offers an opportunity for applying cutting edge technologies to create practical medical devices that can be used to improve treatment and management of disease. It also offers several opportunities for personal and professional growth.
Position requirements include:
- A Master’s degree in molecular biology or related fields
- Three years of hands-on laboratory experience
- Knowledge of general experimental design and controls
- Experience in handling human biological samples
- Skills in extracting and handling nucleic acids
- Use of advanced molecular processing instruments and reagents
- Commitment to safety and quality procedures
- Good teamwork and communications skills
- PhD in a related field and Bioinformatics skills are strong advantages
- Experience in medical devices and regulated environments a plus
About the company:
VuEssence is focused on creating innovative solutions for aiding in the diagnoses and treatment of conditions related to stroke and other neurological injuries. In spite of making strides in recognizing the early signs of stroke and managing conditions that increase risk for the disease, stroke remains as a leading cause of death and disability in the US and worldwide. Recent advances in understanding the human genome and transcriptome have created opportunities for new approaches to diagnosing, managing and treating disease. The Company is utilizing advanced molecular analysis technologies to develop specialized diagnostic devices that will be able to help in the detection and management of stroke and related conditions.
Contact us for further information or send Resume to: HR@VuEssence.com